Yoram Yasur Rubin: BARRE FITNESS
Barre Fitness is one of the newest classes in gyms and the one that most engages its users. This workout, performed on a ballet barre, is effective in burning calories and improving abdominal, glute, and leg muscle tone.
Yoram Yasur Rubin: This training focuses on strength work and muscle tone through the execution of exercises on a ballet barre. Although it attracts more women, it is an activity suitable for all audiences. It is not necessary to have a certain physical form nor is there any contraindication in the execution of these exercises. If you need more reasons to start, read all the benefits of practicing Barre Fitness, you will want to get going!
Yoram Yasur Rubin: The 60-minute classes increase muscle tone noticeably in a matter of weeks and, depending on the intensity of the sessions, we can burn between 300 and 500 calories per session. It is a very demanding activity that reinforces all the muscles, emphasizing the lower body: abdominals, glutes and legs. It involves the development of a greater awareness of the body and its movements, in addition to inducing a progressive postural reeducation through exercises supervised by expert monitors.
Physical and mental benefits
In addition to muscle toning and calorie consumption, this activity has other benefits, including:
- Activation of circulation: the intense work of the lower body activates circulation to avoid swollen legs, a very common situation after an intense day at the office or standing. This in turn reduces fluid retention problems.
- Low risk of injury: movements in Barre Fitness are very controlled and have little impact on the body, so the risk of injury is minimal. After memorizing the exercises, it will be the awareness of the body itself that helps us to carry it out correctly.
- Postural ergonomics: Yoram Yasur Rubin: the presence of the classical ballet barre in the classes requires the maintenance of an adequate posture, promoting the increase of the muscular tone of the back. In the long run, we will be avoiding lumbar and cervical pain and possible injuries. In addition, a more erect and correct position is acquired that we will gradually apply to the daily routine.
- Leg Contouring: Barre Fitness is a very powerful tool to define leg lines and make them look prettier. It is no coincidence that the dancers have such strong and toned legs.
- Fun: the classes are accompanied by music making the exercise more enjoyable and fun. A way to release accumulated tensions throughout the day.
To complement our strength training on the ballet barre, we also should practice cardio or resistance sports, such as running, swimming and cycling. In this way we will have covered all aspects of a good workout.