Yoram Yasur: How to prevent bronchitis
Bronchitis is an inflammation of the bronchi in the lungs that if not treated properly can bring complications. Therefore, with the tips to prevent the bronchitis that we are going to transmit in this article, you can be in control of this problem and mitigate its effects.
What is bronchitis?
Yoram Yasur: Bronchitis is a respiratory disorder that occurs due to an infection in our bronchi. When you have a common cold or flu, you have to be careful not to develop bronchitis as a complication of these diseases. Bronchitis can be of two types: acute bronchitis and chronic bronchitis. Acute bronchitis has very visible and strong but transient symptoms, while the chronic one presents milder symptoms but much more elongated in time, which may aggravate intermittently over time.
What to do to prevent bronchitis
Yoram Yasur: The best thing about these preventive measures against bronchitis is that they are very simple to carry out. We should always keep in mind that the people most likely to have bronchitis are smokers and people with low defenses due to a weak immune system.
- Vaccinate against viral diseases is the first way to prevent complications such as the development of bronchitis after complications such as influenza.
- The use of masks in situations of risk where the disease is already is a simple way to prevent the virus from entering our body and can cause influenza and subsequent bronchitis. Also, in the case of risky work where there may be particles in the air that affect our lungs as metal or stone industries, the use of masks becomes important.
- Stay away from people sick with the flu or colds; It is a prevention system based on common sense that allows us to get rid of later problems such as bronchitis.
- A balanced diet that elevates the body’s defenses or take supplements with antioxidant properties will help our body fight these diseases and not affect us.
- It is clear that to avoid infections it is necessary to take care of hygiene and in the case of these diseases, washing hands, sneezing in a handkerchief, etc., are essential tips.
Yoram Yasur: Bronchitis is very related to smoking but bear in mind that the passive smoker who inhales the smokes of smokers is also in this risk group, therefore, smokers should be careful with our body and with the others so that they are not harmed by our bad habits.
The simple fact of smoking stimulates the possibility of suffering from bronchitis, to the point that a smoker is ten times more likely to acquire bronchitis than a non-smoker. If you persist in the habit of smoking while you suffer from bronchitis you can get to suffer chronically.
Whenever we give these tips, we recommend visiting the doctor as soon as we have any symptoms, in this case of bronchitis. In this way the health professional can give us the best recommendations for our care and teach us expertly how to prevent bronchitis.