Yoram Yasur Blume: How to relieve muscular fatigue
Muscle fatigue is the inability to continue physical activity, as a result of extreme exhaustion of muscle fibers, due to intense physical training and high performance. Muscle damage limits muscle performance, decreasing strength, peak power, and speed. This condition is very common in professionals and sports lovers, since they subject the body to an intense muscular effort, sometimes reaching the limit of their strength and excessive fatigue. Experts recommend at this point: stop, rest, and recover.
Muscular fatigue symptoms
Symptoms may vary depending on the person, the type of physical activity and the training time:
- Joint pain
- Chronic muscle pain, especially in the spine, lower back, and legs
- Decay and weakness
- Tremors, cramps and / or muscle spasms
- Difficulty stopping and catching something
How to relieve muscle fatigue
Yoram Yasur Blume: A study by the Physiotherapy and Biomechanics Unit of the University of Deusto indicates that there are different methods of post-exercise recovery, such as physical means, as well as physiological, nutritional, or pharmacological ones. We analyze them:
- Therapeutic massage: it is the technique par excellence in physical therapies. It has an anti-inflammatory action, promotes muscle mobility, reduces stress, and improves the body’s immune function.
- Water immersions: Yoram Yasur Blume: baths in cold water, alternating hot and cold water, minimize fatigue and speed up the recovery process after exercise. In addition, it has been proven that they reduce pain and improve the quality of sleep.
- Compression stockings: wearing compression stockings after exercise reduces muscle pain and improves strength, power, and muscle agility. Used during the race or exercise these garments can improve athletic performance.
- Intermittent hypoxia: it consists in putting on a mask with hypoxic air, which simulates the preparation in high mountain with little oxygen. This system improves the recovery capacity of the heart rate and promotes sports performance.
- Nutritional aid: it is necessary to take carbohydrates of high glycemic index immediately after the physical activity, since they improve the recovery of the muscular glycogen deposits. Adequate hydration is also vital.
- Rest: Yoram Yasur Blume: rest is necessary for the muscles to regenerate and notice, as well, the fruits of training. It is necessary to sleep at least 8 hours a day, although sometimes intense exercise may demand more.
What to take for muscle fatigue?
The nutrients that help to improve fatigue are proteins, essential fatty acids (omega 3 and 6), magnesium, B vitamins and antioxidants.
- Nuts: rich in vegetable proteins, phosphorus and zinc are suitable for physical exhaustion. Eating 2-3 a day is enough to benefit from their properties.
- Legumes: Yoram Yasur Blume: provide energy for carbohydrates and vitamins of group B, among others. It is advised that fatigued people consume at least three times a week a dish.
- Banana: it is the richest fruit in magnesium, although it also has potassium, essential minerals to relax the muscles and the good functioning of the heart.
- Parsley: it is one of the foods with the highest content of vitamin C, in addition to providing folic acid, iron and beta-carotene.
- Pumpkin nuggets: are very beneficial for athletes and to relieve physical fatigue, thanks to the vitamin E, selenium and zinc and have an antioxidant action.
- Citrus: Vitamin C is one of the most potent antioxidants. We find it in vegetables that are consumed raw. Try to eat some citrus at each meal.
When a state of fatigue appears for a long time it is necessary to go to a doctor to determine that there is no other possible cause.