Yoram Yasur Blume: How to lose weight by doing steps
Do you want to lose those extra kilos? The step is an aerobic practice that will help you lose weight as well as tone your body and show it smoother and in good shape. It is an activity that you can do both at home and in the gym and that will help you exercise your body in a healthy way. But if you want to achieve visible results in a short time, it is recommended that you accompany your exercise with a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle practices.
Steps to follow:
1. The step is an exercise that combines cardiovascular work and toning because it puts the muscles of the body to work to the rhythm of music and a fun choreography. Yoram Yasur Blume: If you want to do step at home you should keep in mind that the only thing that is needed to carry out this exercise is a platform that is like a small step with an anti-slip surface on which you will develop the exercise.
The height of the step can vary depending on the intensity and your level, how much higher it is, more exercise you will do and more tonify your body. If you are going to start in the world of the step, we recommend that you start with a low height (about 10 centimeters) and that, little by little, you will increase it.
2. To achieve weight loss with step it is important that you take a weekly routine with the practice of this activity to get the results visible in your body. There are a lot of exercises you can do on a step and if you go to a class led by a professional you will see how it is changing choreography to make the class enjoyable and fun. Among the best step exercises you can do to lose weight; the following stand out:
- To start warming up, you can go up and down the step as if it were a step following the rhythm of the music; You can start at a slow pace and then increase it to burn more calories.
- Another exercise is to raise one leg over the step and lift the knee of the opposite leg; go interspersing the legs and repeat this exercise 15 times during 3 sets. You will get to tone your buttocks and thighs.
- You can also exercise the buttocks by raising one leg to the step and, with the other, throwing a kick back by fully stretching the leg. Go interspersing the legs and repeat 15 times the exercise for 3 sets.
3. If you want to lose weight with step it is important that, as we have already mentioned, you make a weekly training routine that will tone your muscles and keep you in shape. In general, it is recommended that the practice of exercise be either 30 minutes a day or, if you do not have time for it, you can do 1 hour every 2 days, this way even 30 minutes a day in a session.
Yoram Yasur Blume: If instead of a step class you are going to train with a gym apparatus, you should know that for optimal exercise it is recommended that at least 20 minutes of your training be devoted to cardiovascular activities. Keep in mind that it is from minute 20 when the body fat begins to burn so an ideal training of 1 hour would be distributed as follows:
- 20 to 40 minutes of cardiovascular activities (such as step, for example)
- Toning exercises (what is ideal is that a coach tells you the best routine for your body and your particular needs)
- 10 minutes of stretching
- 4. Besides being a good exercise to lose weight, the step is an activity that brings great benefits to our body, such as the following:
- Helps to tone muscles especially those of the lower extremities (thighs, buttocks, twins, etc.).
- By doing cardiovascular work, it improves the aerobic endurance, strength, and flexibility of our body. In the same way, it also increases the oxygen absorption capacity, thus improving the health of the heart.
- It manages to relieve stress and release the tensions accumulated in our day to day.
5. But if what we are looking for is to lose weight, it is best to combine the practice of exercise with a healthy and low-fat diet that contributes to eating only what our leather needs. So, in general, in order to lose weight it is essential that you take into account these premises regarding food:
- A diet rich in vegetables and vegetables: Yoram Yasur Blume: the great nutritional contribution of these foods, the few calories and the high satiety that it brings make them the fundamental pillars on which your diet must be erected.
- Low fat proteins: it is important that if we want to lose weight, we should leave out meat such as pork (since they contain many calories) and opt for lean meats and white fish. In the case of eggs, rich in proteins, it is advisable that we eat only the egg white and set aside the yolk.
- Integral carbohydrates and in the morning: this group of foods contributes a great amount of energy and, therefore, it is essential that they are taken during the first hours of the day being inadvisable during the dinner. Why? Because if we do not take advantage of the energy, they give us, it ends up turning into saturated fat. It is also essential that we opt for those that are made with whole meal flour because they are a high source of fiber.
- Light dinners: Yoram Yasur Blume: the body uses the calories of food to function; therefore, we must imagine that our body functions as if it were a machine. At the end of the day, the only thing we are going to do is rest and, therefore, our body hardly needs calories, so it is important that we opt for light dinners that satisfy us but do not make us fat.
- Eat 5 times a day: in order to speed up the metabolism and avoid eating abundant rations at the main hours of the day, it is important that you distribute your meals in 5 takes. This way you will get your stomach to work all day long and, besides, you will not have that feeling of voracious hunger.