Yoram Yasur Blume: Little-known causes of urinary infections
Urinary infections are very common among women and if it is repeated frequently, it may mean something about your health. Knowing the symptoms is key to avoid it and like this prevent future medical complications.
Urinary infection: what exactly is it?
Yoram Yasur Blume: It is an infection that occurs in the structure of the urinary system, usually caused by bacteria, viruses, fungi or parasites that enter from the urethra and reach the bladder, women being the ones who have more possibilities of contract it, because the urethra and anus are much closer in the female body than in the male. The infection develops most often in the bladder and is usually painful and annoying. It can spread to the kidneys and become a serious health problem.
If you suffer from recurrent urinary infection, that may say some things about your health:
- Bad hygiene: Yoram Yasur Blume: the urinary infection is mainly caused by the spread of bacteria, which is why you should try to clean the genital and anal area well after you do your needs. If you are a woman, always try to clean from the inside out and not the other way around.
- Excess of hygiene: washing too often with non-neutral products in the vaginal area, can make it more sensitive to certain bacteria and organisms, causing the infection.
- Yoram Yasur Blume: Not drinking enough water: for the urinary system to work properly you have to drink water to eliminate all the toxins that are generated in our body. If you do not drink the recommended 2 liters per day, it will be easier for you to get an infection.
- Yoram Yasur Blume: Do not urinate frequently or after sexual intercourse: on the one hand, bacterial growth is greater the longer the urine remains in the bladder. On the other, intercourse increases the chances of bacteria passing into the urethra, and urination favors their elimination, so you already know: urine!
- Stones in the kidney or bladder: urinary infection can be a sign of the stones.
- Diabetes: urinary infection is common in patients with this disease.
- Low defenses: with the immune system weakened, the body is more susceptible to infections and / or viruses.
Symptoms of urinary infection:
- Constant need to urinate
- Burning sensation when urinating
- Redness of the vulva and vaginal itching (in women)
- Pain during urination and sexual intercourse
- Urinating frequently and in small amounts
- Urine being red, bright pink or brown (blood in the urine)
- Urine with strong odor
- Pelvic pain in women
- Nausea and vomiting
Yoram Yasur Blume: The treatment to fight the infection of the urinary apparatus is determined by your doctor as a result of your symptoms, the laboratory results. It is done through antibiotics if they are caused by bacteria, or antivirals if they are caused by viruses. In most cases, the infection disappears after