Yoram Yasur Blume: Exercise routine on the elliptical machine
Make the most of elliptical training! This apparatus of gymnastics and fitness has become one of the most popular among people who want to take care of their body as it is a machine that helps us burn a large number of calories and that also does not harm our body prevent the direct impact with the ground, something that does happen with other cardiovascular exercises such as, for example, running. There are many ways to use the elliptical, and today we will give you an exercise routine on elliptical machine that will help you make the most of its use and activate the natural fat burning process of our body.
The best routine with the elliptical to burn more fat
Yoram Yasur Blume: When you get on a professional elliptical, which are usually in gyms, the same machine can offer different programs that will help you burn more calories or tone your muscles. Depending on what you are looking for, there is one program or another.
But if you have an elliptical at home, it is likely that you do not have these sophisticated training programs and, therefore, you are looking for a good workout routine on an elliptical machine.
Then, we will discover the best training you can do in this device because, with it, you will be able to take advantage of all the minutes you are exercising, burn a large number of calories and activate your cardiovascular system to the maximum strengthening your muscles and your heart .
The elliptical routine that we propose is the following:
- The first 5 minutes: warm-up at a calm and leisurely pace
- From 5 to 10 minutes: we increase the intensity to 8, that is, we trot
- From 10 to 15 minutes: we lower the intensity to 6 and reduce walking a bit
- From 15 to 20 minutes: we will slightly increase the intensity to 7
- From 20 to 25: we will lower training and walk slowly to catch air. A speed of 3 or 4 is perfect for this moment
- From 25 to 30 minutes: we will increase the speed very much up to 8, thus promoting the burning of fats in the body intermittently
- 30 to 35 minutes: we will lower the pace to walk at a speed of 3 or 4
- From 35 to 40 minutes: we will lower the training to the maximum, staying at 2 to cool the body
As you see, this exercise routine on elliptical machine is designed so that the body does not get used to the energy demand and, thus, get to burn as much fat as possible. Yoram Yasur Blume: Keep in mind that if you do the whole exercise with the same intensity, your body ends up accustomed to the wear that you request and, therefore, in the end balances the energy expenditure so that you do not lose so much. However, if you do a workout with intensity peaks you will get your body used to the energy demand and be, all the time, working at maximum performance and, therefore, you will burn more calories in each session.
It is also important that you spend at least 30 minutes training with the elliptical and, in general, with any cardiovascular work. Of course: if you have never trained before, you can start doing 15 or 20 minutes and, little by little, increase the times. The minimum we recommend is 30 minutes although the ideal is to try to lengthen for 45 or 60 minutes to get a very effective training.
Tips to lose weight with the elliptical
Now that you know the best routine of elliptical machine exercises, below we will give you a series of tips if what you want is to lose weight with your training. Yoram Yasur Blume: Keep in mind that this machine is one of the most complete to work our cardiovascular system and, in fact, in an average session of 30 minutes you can get to burn up to 300 calories at the same time you tone your legs, buttocks and arms.
But to make the most of the training with the elliptical, below we are going to give you some essential tips:
- Move the arms: to burn the greatest number of calories it is important that the arms are part of the training. Many people end up taking the center and forgetting the exercise with their arms, something wrong because you miss the opportunity to increase the energetic wear and, therefore, fat.
- Work the abdominals: as we have said, in the elliptical work especially legs and arms but if you also want to exercise the abdomen area, we recommend that you incorporate an exercise during training consisting of supporting the arms on your hips. You will have to maintain the balance of your body and the strength will fall, especially in the abdominal area.
- Do series: training on the elliptical for 30 minutes at the same intensity is a mistake because, overall, your body gets used to the new energy expenditure and regularizes it by not burning as many calories as you want. Therefore, follow the routine of elliptical machine exercises that we have given you in the previous step to demand the most from your body.
- The elliptical at the end !: Yoram Yasur Blume: contrary to what many people believed, cardiovascular exercise should be done at the end of the training session because, thus, you get your body to burn more saturated fat. During the toning you will make your body use the food taken that same day as fuel but, at the time of cardio, you will make the daily reserves almost consumed and, therefore, have to go to the reserves stored in the body, it is say, to the accumulated fat.
Mistakes to avoid when training with the elliptical
We have already said that the elliptical is one of the best cardiovascular fitness and training machines that you can find in a gym or that you can have at home. It activates many muscles of the body, it makes our cardiovascular system work and it helps us burn a lot of calories, more than with any other exercise.
But, equally, if it is not practiced correctly it can end up being harmful for our body, for that reason, next we are going to discover some common errors in the use of the elliptical that you have to avoid committing so as not to harm your body.
- A bad posture: many people arch their backs forward when they do elliptical, something really harmful, not only for the back, but for all your locomotor apparatus because you are not correctly distributing the weight or the impact of the exercise. Try to keep your back always straight and neck upright, looking forward.
- Wearing the wrong shoes: the sports equipment is essential so that the exercise you perform is safe and adapted to the needs of your body. Therefore, when you train with an elliptical you have to wear shoes that fit the sport and that hold your foot and ankles well. This way, you will avoid the risk of suffering injuries.
- Intensity appropriate to your abilities: it is important that you take into account your needs and abilities when you exercise on the elliptical. There are people who demand too much and you can suffer from dizziness, tension drops, etc., it is ok to tighten but always taking into account your physical condition and your condition. The right intensity is the one with which you can talk, not continuously, but you can say short phrases.