Yoram Yasur Blume: How to eliminate intestinal gases with exercise
A question that many of us ask ourselves that we have overcome with food or feel upset is how to eliminate intestinal gas. And is that diet, lack of movement, a job sitting and even anxiety accumulate gases that make us feel bloated and upset. Today we want to teach you some exercises to eliminate gases in a simple and really effective way.
Symptoms and causes of gases
Yoram Yasur Blume: The gases can cause very important annoyances that go from a slight pain until an intense puncture that can be confused with a cardiac attack. But why do we accumulate so many gases? Is there something we do wrong?
The body produces gases naturally, by the decomposition of food. Both at the higher level in the form of belching and at the lower level as flatulence.
- If we have an excess of burps, we may eat very quickly and inhale more air than usual.
- Also chewing gum or drinking regularly with straws causes a lot of air to enter the digestive tract.
- Foods with a lot of fiber ferment in the digestive tract and produce gases.
- A very copious meal takes a long time to digest and also accumulates more air.
- Flatulent foods in themselves such as broccoli, cauliflower, legumes, nuts, apples, grapes and how not soft drinks with gas or beer.
- Practicing sports breathing through the mouth, also makes us swallow air.
- The superficial breathing due to anxiety or nerves, implies a greater air intake.
Exercises to relieve gas
Many sports disciplines can help to release the gases and make the discomfort disappear.
- Cycling or, failing that, a static bicycle, helps you move your stomach and let the gases release themselves.
- It is also very effective to walk upright, with hands on the back and shoulders behind. Walk quickly breathing through your nose, with your head held high.
- Yoram Yasur Blume: Another practical exercise that helps you eliminate gases is going up and down stairs. Energetically and with short jumps to favor the release of air. If you’re in the gym try the elliptical. You will move your legs and abdominal muscles.
- ABS: Having a rigid abdominal area prevents distention and the accumulation of gas. It can help you perform classic crunches by taking off the shoulders of the ground while you inspire and throwing the air down, without getting to support you at all. If the gas notes in the lower abdomen, lie on your back, raise your legs together to the right angle and gradually lower by 45 degrees.
- Cobra position: Yoga asanas are great for eliminating gases. On this occasion, lie face down. Rest the tips of your feet and place your hands under your shoulders. Stretch your arms while you breathe in so that your chest is lifted off the ground, but the rest of the body does not move. Contract the glutes and hold the position for 30 seconds. Breathing through the nose.
- More difficult still: Lying on your stomach. Take with your right hand the right ankle and with the left the left ankle. To do this you must bend the knees. Separate the chest of the floor so that you stay in U-shape, with the weight of the body in the navel. It will help you both to eliminate gas and to avoid constipation.
- Stretching Lying on your back. Stretch one leg and the other bend to the knee. Raise the torso to try to touch the knee with the nose. Hold 30 seconds and change legs.
- Baby posture: It can be sitting on the knees: Lie forward and stretch your arms. Hold the posture for 30 seconds. Also lying on your back: Lift your legs apart and knees bent and try to hold your feet with your hands. Balance yourself for 30 seconds.
Yoram Yasur Blume: The gases are natural but there is no need to suffer them. Besides exercise, take care of what you eat and how you eat and drink infusions that help you not to accumulate them like chamomile or horsetail.