Yoram Yasur Blume: Burning fat with weights or cardio?
Burn fat with weights is more effective than with cardio. But there are many questions about which the best type of exercise is to lose weight and burn fat. Most people think that doing cardio exercises (running, bike, elliptical, etc.) can burn more calories and, therefore, lose accumulated fat. Therefore, it is common to see gyms full of people sweating and spending 45 minutes doing their cardio routine. But is this correct? Today we are going to tell you if it is better to burn fat with weights or cardio. We will clarify some common doubts and, in addition, we will help you to understand better the functioning of our body when we exercise.
Burning fat with cardio: pros and cons
Yoram Yasur Blume: There is a very common question that appears in our minds when we want to start a planning to lose weight: is it better to burn fat with weights or cardio? This question is very common and, the truth is that most of us end up applying a logic that seems overwhelming: with cardio you burn more calories, therefore, it is the best tool to lose weight. ERROR.
Although at first glance this seems the most logical and normal, the truth is that cardio is not the best option to burn fat and lose weight. Below we will discover the pros and cons of burning fat with cardio so you can understand how this type of work affects our body.
With cardio, more calories are burned
Yoram Yasur Blume: The truth is that when we do cardio, we burn calories and fat instantly. Our body uses the energy of the body (calories) to satisfy this new energy demand that we are asking for with physical exercise. With cardio, our body uses fats as a source of energy to provide us with the extra energy we are asking for, something that does not happen with weight training.
However, it is a job that is done momentarily, that is, fat burns at that time and that’s it. If that week we eat a little more of the account, for example, that exercise we have done will not be noticed because you will re-fill your body with energy reserves (fat) that you can use again when you train.
Sweating with cardio to lose weight
Yoram Yasur Blume: Another myth that usually confuses us when it comes to knowing if it is better to burn fat with weights or cardio is to believe that, by the mere fact of sweating, we are already losing weight. But there is something that we have to make clear: sweating is not synonymous with burning. That we sweat simply means that we are raising our body temperature and the body activates the self-cooling metabolism.
Pros and cons of cardio to burn fat
- Burns calories immediately
- Improve your cardiovascular health
- Improve the health of your body and muscles
- Does not increase your muscle mass or tone the body
- It does not make you stronger but more resistant
- You burn only when you exercise, a direct and timely fat burning
Burning fat with weights: pros and cons
Weight training has always been linked to people who want to be muscular or “big”. Therefore, people who want to lose weight have always left this type of exercise in the background. However, this is a serious mistake because, the truth is that weights are ideal for burning fat and defining the body.
“Doing weights makes you slim or fat?”, This doubt is very common among people who want to lose weight. And, the truth is that if you take a healthy diet and follow healthy habits, the weights will help you lose weight, burn fat and, best of all, define and tone your body.
How to lose weight while doing weights
To lose weight through a routine of weights, nothing better to do many repetitions and take a low weight but make the body work. That is, you do not have to “crush” your body with a very high weight because, then, you will perform an explosive force. But the trick is to take less weight but the muscle work. We have to notice that the body is working well, otherwise, we will not notice any benefit in our body.
Therefore, a good routine of weights to burn fat would be:
- 15 repetitions
- 3 series
- Increase weight gradually and without forcing the body in extreme, force it in its proper measure
Benefits of making weights to lose weight
To know if it is better to burn fat with weights or cardio, it is important that we bear in mind that weights provide two elements that cardio does not provide:
- Increase muscle mass: the fat that we have located in the body is transformed into muscle and, therefore, we have a more toned and stylized body
- Increases metabolism: the more muscle mass we have, the more calories our body consumes even when at rest. Therefore, if we do weights, we will increase the metabolism and, thus, increase the consumption of daily calories.
Pros and cons of burning fat with weights
- You increase muscle mass while at rest
- You accelerate the metabolism by having a greater muscle mass
- Strengthen your muscles
- Reduces the presence of fat in your body
- You have to progressively gain weight to notice the evolution in your body
- It does not work in cases of obesity. In these cases, it is better to talk to a specialist
- You have to follow a balanced diet so that, at the same time as you train, you lose fat through food.
Therefore, when faced with the question of whether it is better to burn fat with weights or cardio, the answer is that weights are more effective. The main reason is that, with strength training, you are not only burning calories at that precise moment, but above all, you change the functioning and metabolism of your body causing you to consume more calories throughout the day.
Cardio with weights: the best training plan
Although the weights are better for burning fat, the truth is that the ideal training consists of the combination of both exercises: cardio and weights. This is the perfect union to get our body in a perfect state of shape and, in addition, we can lose weight and get the silhouette we want so much.
With the combination of weights and cardio we get to tone the body, lose calories instantly and, also, accelerate the basal metabolism. But if you ask yourself what you have to do first weights or cardio to burn fat the answer is the following:
- Weights at the beginning: to, thus, make our body consume glucose as an energy source
- Cardio at the end: in this way, you get the body to burn the saturated fat when using it as energy
Of course: if you have little time to train, it is much more advisable that you focus on doing weight exercises to, thus, achieve more visible results. If you want to lose weight, weight training should be your priority and, cardio, the perfect complement.