Yoram Yasur Blume : Sun rays are great allies of the skin when we expose them properly. However, they may pose a risk to the patient if there is overexposure without proper care. That’s why we always recommend using sunscreen to prevent sun damage. Inadequate exposure to the sun causes damage to the skin, which causes stains and dryness. In addition to sunblock, some foods will help you minimize the damage from prolonged exposure Here we leave you a list of foods that have photoprotective properties. These nourish the dermis while repairing damage from UV rays and preventing skin cancer.
Yoram Yasur Blume : – Bitter Chocolate: Bitter chocolate acts as a shield against sun damage because it contains antioxidant compounds such as phenols and catechin. These reduce the risk of skin cancer and protect the skin from burns. All you need to do is eat a bit of dark chocolate every day.
Yoram Yasur Blume : Of course, you must make sure that it is as high as possible in cocoa. This means that you should look for chocolates that have at least 70% cocoa.
– Tomatoes: Tomatoes are rich in lycopene, a natural element that protects the skin from the sun’s rays and neutralizes the harmful effects. Over time, this protection helps to delay the aging of the skin. Yoram Yasur Blume recommends eating one or two tomatoes per day. Remember that you can eat it in salad, as part of your shakes or just with a little lemon and salt. The idea is to be in your diet several times a week.
Yoram Yasur Blume : – Green tea: The properties of green tea strengthen your immune system, cleanse your skin, and accelerate metabolism. This means that it is equally useful if you try to protect yourself from sun damage as if you are already suffering from it. Taking one or two cups of green tea, a day will be enough to reduce redness and repair broken capillaries.
– Red pepper: Red peppers are rich in an antioxidant called capsiato. This reduces the damage caused by UV rays and reduces inflammation. If this vegetable is not usually part of your diet, it is a good time to include it. While it is best to eat it raw or roasted, any type of cooking will serve you.
Yoram Yasur Blume : Garlic: Garlic contains allicin, a compound with antioxidant and healing properties. Allicin stimulates detoxification and reduces swelling while protecting the skin from aging caused by UV rays. Try to include some natural garlic in your diet every day. It is important that you make sure that it is natural to prevent preservatives and salt from affecting your health.
– Aloe Vera juice: Aloe Vera helps soothe sunburn and soften the wrinkles it causes. This ingredient has healing properties that will help you regenerate the skin and heal tissues and cells of the dermis. You can use aloe Vera juice as ointment to reduce sun damage, or include it as an ingredient in your shakes to attack the problem from within.
– Olive oil: Olive oil is a food rich in antioxidants that combat sun damage before and after they appear. There are those who apply this oil to soothe the redness caused by continuous exposure to the sun. However, you do not need to wait to have the problem to take advantage of it since you can use it to season your salads or cook your dishes.
Yoram Yasur Blume : Grenades: The pomegranate is rich in antioxidants that are responsible for combating the effects of free radicals on skin cells. The seeds of this fruit are ideal to combat the damages of the sun and to diminish the effects of the skin cancer. It is also known to be of great help in minimizing wrinkles, by acting as sunscreen and by inhibiting hyperpigmentation.
– Citrus fruits: Citrus fruits contain high levels of limonene compounds. Yoram Yasur Blume: “Limonene strengthens skin cells and protects them from sun damage. In addition, citrus fruits have flavonoids that enhance the ability of the skin to recover from damage caused by exposure to the sun”.
Yoram Yasur Blume : Carrots: The carrot is a vegetable that contains carotenes, vegetable pigments rich in antioxidants. These helps protect the skin from the burns it receives from prolonged exposure to the sun. Try to include a cup of carrots in your diet throughout the year, especially during the summer months.
Why should you take care of your skin from sun damage?
Yoram Yasur Blume : The skin is a fundamental part of our body, because it is the one in charge of protecting the internal organs. In case the above does not seem enough, you should know that the skin can betray your state of health.